Potluck Hardly Strictly Bluegrass 11
Along with Hardly Strictly Bluegrass, San Franciscans bring along foods to enjoy with their music. This is a healthy, wholesome, unique event to share amongst music lovers. This is a San Francisco communal food event that culminates all the best that SF locals have to offer. Please join me for a potluck lunch during the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass event. For more information and location, please email Coach B at firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday, September 30th, 2011 12:00
Coach B's Healthy Pot Luck Guidelines
- BYOB utensils & plates. We do not want excessive waste.
- Be creative with food.
- Use fresh local organic ingredients to the fullest extent practical.
- Please refrain from bringing any food that has been genetically modified.
- Only seasonal foods
- All fruits & vegetables should be washed and are ready to be enjoyed.
- Please ensure that any cut or prepared food is properly refrigerated prior to potluck. Once a fruit or vegetable is cut, enzymes begin to break down the item and bacteria starts to grow. The results vary from mild toxicity to extreme food poisoning.
- If you are bringing fruit, we especially welcome seasonal, locally grown & organic or at least pesticide free fruit that has been picked when ripe.
- Citrus can provide a great alternative to vinegar in salads.
- No artificial sweeteners. No refined sugar or products containing sugar or derivatives.
- Be creative but mindful of healthy living. We all love to eat; we don't want to wear it.
- Provide a clear and thorough description of the food being offered. A quick list of ingredients and what is organic and non-organic. Please note items containing nuts or seeds.
- Bring enough food to serve 15 or more people.
- Please do not bring foods needing heat.
- Use nothing from a box or processed. This is a culinary event.
- Space is limited, so please email information about what you are going to bring.
When serving yourself at the potluck, serving size should be in proportion to the number of people present. Mindfulness is requested when sharing these gifts of food with fellow guests, overeating is considered socially inappropriate.
Be mindful of your surroundings & others. Have Fun and Enjoy the Food.
Please sign up for one of the following categories: