Since this is a FREE EVENT (NO TICKETS NEEDED), we do not have the resources to answer all of your questions... here is a list of the most frequently asked questions:
Please help us keep the Park clean-- please pack out with you what you bring in for the festival!
Here is a list of the most frequently asked questions:
- Q: When/where is it again?
- When: Fri Sep 30th, Sat Oct 1st (11am - 7pm), and Sun Oct 2nd, 2011 (11am - 7pm).
- Where: Speedway, Lindley & Marx meadows in Golden Gate Park, San Francisco, CA. Read below for a map.
- Q: Camping?
- Sorry, there is no camping allowed.
- Q: What is the schedule?
- The schedule is available here.
- Q: What streets are closed in the park?
- JFK Drive, Transverse Drive and Middle West Drive
- Q: What are we allowed to bring?
- Coolers, blankets, and short-back chairs are all allowed. Cameras are ok (no tripods or intrusive equipment please). There will also be vendors on-site selling food and non-alcoholic beverages. No alcohol will be for sale in the park, however, alcohol is allowed as per park rules. PLEASE respect the park and pick up and take everything with you that you bring in. There will be a sweep of the park by waste management each evening (which means no saving spaces for the following day).
- Q: Will there be food available?
- Yes, there will be over 50 purveyors of food and drink featuring the best festival food the Bay Area has to offer.
- Q: Dogs?
- Dogs are allowed as per park rules (on leash, etc.) Dogs should be comfortable with large crowds and loud music.
- Q: Children?
- The festival is family-friendly. Make sure you have the appropriate earplugs for very young children. There will be large crowds and loud music, so be prepared for that.
- Q: Hotels in area?
- Please call the Chamber of Commerce, use a travel site such as Orbitz or Yahoo Travel, or contact the San Francisco Convention & Visitors Bureau for assistance. Visitors can book rooms directly on www.sfvisitor.org or request assistance from the Visitor Information Center - 415-391-2000 (tollfree at 888-782-9673 (STAY-N-SF)).
- Q: Transportation around the park?
- This year we expect the park service to run their shuttle service. Here is a map.
- Q: Getting to the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Concert by Public Transit?
Receive help with planning your trip to HSB from anywhere
in the Bay Area by dialing 511. Say for "public transportation,"
"transit agencies," then the name of the agency you'd like to use.
The 511 system will then connect you to a live operator. You
can also visit www.511.org
for route and schedule information for any Bay Area
transit agency. The 5 Line (MUNI) will be adding
supplemental services starting at 2pm, boarding at 30th
Here are some additional resources:
Cal Train - web site
BART - web site
MUNI - schedules are accessible through www.511.org. The closest lines are: 5 Fulton, 31 Balboa, 38 Geary on the Richmond Side. On the Sunset Side the N-Judah. You can also check out the MUNI trip planner.
Next Bus - to find out when the next bus is coming click here.
- Q: Will bike parking be available?
- Yes, we have both self bike parking and valet bike parking. Click here for a map of locations.
- Q: What time are we allowed in?
- 10AM entry to the meadows.
- Q: Restroom facilities?
- There will be port-a-potties on site.
- Q: Free Water
- Free water will be available at the drinking fountain near the Rock Med tent (between Banjo and Arrow stages).
- Q: Medical Attention (Nearest Hospital)
- The nearest hospital is Health Connection St Mary's Hospital & Medical Center at 450 Stanyan St, San Francisco, CA - (415) 750-5785
- Q: Will compost and Recyling be available?
- Yes compost and recycling is both available and we encourage you to use to help us move closer to being a Zero waste event. Please also remember to pack out what you bring in!.
- Q: Disabled accessibility?
- Yes, there will be a special section reserved at each stage. Disabled persons can be dropped off at JFK and Transverse. Disabled PARKING will also be available (first come first serve). Click here for a map.
- Q: Festival Etiquette!
- * Please limit the amount of space you use if you
are using tarps or blankets. Share the space you have
so that everyone can see and enjoy the music.
* Please respect the people around you by keeping your talking volume reasonable so that everyone can hear the music.
* Please no smoking of any kind - this is a family-friendly event and smoking is illegal in Golden Gate Park.
* Please respect our neighbors in the Richmond and Sunset districts - don't block driveways, don't litter, don't use front or backyards as bathrooms, etc. The happiness of our neighbors is VITAL to the continued success of HSB!
* Please do not sell alcohol, drugs, or any sort of wares - only HSB-approved vendors will be allowed.
* Only officially scheduled performers will be allowed, please no busking.
* Please pack out anything you bring in to the park. Recycling and composting will be available - please make sure to use these services!
* Please do not lock bikes to trees or fences. Valet and self bike parking will be available - see the bike map.
- Q: Merchandise?
- We will be selling T-shirts and CDs of most artists. There are merch booths at the Banjo, Arrow, Star, Towers of Gold, and Rooster Stages. Official HSB Merch will be sold at the Banjo Stage Merch Tent.
- Q: ATMs?
- ATMs will be provided and will be located in similar places to last year. Check out the 2011 map.
- Q: Lost & Found
- Lost and found is located at all three Info booths (see map)
- Q: Map?
- This year's map is available here.
- Q: Booking?
- We are all finished booking the festival for this year. Submissions for next year will be accepted after Jan. 1, 2012.
- Q: Press inquiries?
- We do not issue press passes. Photography is fine, but no professional video shooting is allowed due to artist request.