Thank you for another great festival!
We'll see you at HSB 8 - Oct 3-5, 2008!
Since this is a FREE EVENT (NO TICKETS NEEDED), we do
not have the manpower to answer all of your questions... here
is a list of the most frequently asked questions:
LOST and FOUND - A few items were found in the park - please
email with a description of your lost item and we will check for you.
For info on volunteering, email
For general questions, email
Please help us keep the Park clean-- please pack out with you
what you bring in for the festival!
On Friday, October 5th, students from San Francisco middle schools
will attend a special concert at opening day of the "Hardly Strictly
Bluegrass Festival" an amazing concert for 4,000 middle school
students. SF Connect Volunteers will chaperone the students and work
with teachers to make the field trip go smoothly. It's a wonderful
opportunity to help students enjoy a unique cultural experience!
for more info.
Here is a list of the most frequently asked questions:
- Q: When/where is it again?
- When: Fri, Oct 5th (10:30am - Noon & 2:15pm - 7pm) & Sat Oct 6th - Sun Oct 7th, 2007 (11am - 7pm).
- Where: Speedway, Lindley & Marx meadows in Golden Gate Park, San Francisco, CA. Read below for a map.
- Q: Who is playing?
- This year's
is available here.
You may also download the
HSB 2007 Schedule and the HSB 2007 Bios (both PDF files).
- Q: Camping?
- Sorry, there is no camping allowed.
- Q: What is the schedule?
- Stage and set times
are available through the schedule
- Q: What are we allowed to bring?
- Coolers, blankets,
and short-back chairs are all allowed. There will also
be vendors on-site selling food and non-alcoholic
beverages. PLEASE respect the park and pick up and take
everything with you that you bring in. There will be
a sweep of the park by waste management each evening (which
means no saving spaces for the following day).
- Q: Dogs?
- Dogs are allowed as per park rules (on leash, etc.)
- Q: Hotels in area?
- Please call the Chamber of Commerce,
use a travel site such as Orbitz or Yahoo Travel, or
contact the San Francisco Convention & Visitors Bureau
for assistance. Visitors can book rooms directly on
or request assistance from the Visitor Information Center
- 415-391-2000 (tollfree at 888-782-9673 (STAY-N-SF)).
- Q: Transportation?
- This year the park service is NOT running their
shuttle service. We advise you to take other means
of transportation (carpool, bike, rollerskate, bus,
etc) as there are many street closures. See the map
below for a visual on what streets will be closed.
Click here for SF Muni transit maps and
here for a public transportation route finder.
- Q: Will bike parking be available?
- Yes. Please see the map (below) for location of Bike Parking.
- Q: What time are we allowed in?
- 10AM entry to the meadows.
- Q: Restroom facilities?
- There will be port-a-potties on site.
- Q: Disabled accessibility?
- Yes, there will be a special section reserved.
- Q: Merchandise?
- We will be selling T-shirts and CDs of some of the artists.
- Q: Map?
- Click here
for a PDF map of this year's HSB at Golden Gate Park.