WE ARE LISTENING:
Updates & Clarifications
- ADA PARKING HAS BEEN MOVED (SEE MAP) TO ACCOMMODATE EXTRA FOOT TRAFFIC AT JFK AND TRANSVERSE
- PRESCRIBED MEDICATION, OR INFANT CARE CAN BE BROUGHT IN A SMALL SOFT SIDE COOLER
- THOSE REQUIRING TALLER CHAIRS, BE CONSIDERATE OF YOUR NEIGHBORS
- COLLAPSIBLE WAGONS WILL BE ALLOWED
- IN ADDITION TO 4 MAIN ENTRIES & EXITS THERE WILL BE SIGNED, STAFFED EMERGENCY ONLY EXITS
- WE WILL HAVE INCREASED K9 AND POLICE PRESENCE AROUND THE PERIMETER AND ENTRANCES TO ASSIST WITH SAFETY CONCERNS.
- IT IS OK TO BRING MORE THAN ONE BAG, PLEASE BE REASONABLE TO KEEP LINES MOVING AT ENTRIES
Please join us in the park, October 4-6, for our 19th year and help spread the word about our important updates. As the world changes, Hardly Strictly Bluegrass feels the need to respond, prioritizing safety over convenience. We understand that these changes will make our event differ from years past, but are hopeful that our long-time fans will embrace these new rules and enjoy the performances as they always have. Please work with us as we make these changes. As Mavis Staples sings in “Dedicated,” “And if it’s us against the world, well, I would bet on us to come out on top. But if you go yours and I go mine, all bets are off.”
Important things to know:
- We have added fence lines. Enter only at these four locations. Click here for a map.
- JFK Drive and Transverse Drive
- Fulton Street and 30th Avenue
- JFK Drive and 36th Avenue
- South Polo Field
- Do not bring coolers, they are no longer allowed. We have updated our concessions in anticipation of increased public need. Click here for a list of vendors and new offerings.
- Any bags/backpacks must be clear plastic, measuring less than 16”x16”x8”.
- Entrances will not open until 9am.
- There will be increased SFPD and Tactical Unit presence inside and outside the venue.
- Blankets and short backed chairs (seats no more than 9” from the ground) are allowed, but will be subject to search.
- Any restricted or oversized items will be turned away at all entry points.
Be aware that the side paths that have been used for years will be closed off with fencing for the protection of everyone involved. People who arrive early to lay down blankets will have to wait until 9 am. This was a difficult but necessary decision. Please be courteous and patient with fellow music lovers as we make this significant change. As usual, fans are asked to respect the park, to clean up after themselves, and to take everything out that’s been brought in.
Be conscious of your setting and the people around you. SFPD wants to remind all guests to “say something if they see something” and to look out for each other—reporting any suspicious persons or activity to HSB staff or a police officer. To report a non-emergency to SFPD, please call 1-415-553-0123. Stay informed of emergencies or significant events by signing up for AlertSF, an emergency text message network, by texting “HSBlue” to 888-777. Additionally, stage announcers will keep you informed throughout the day.
The mission of Hardly Strictly Bluegrass is to carry forward the wish of Warren Hellman and his family to make a gift to the people of San Francisco and the world of a free annual outdoor music festival that features and celebrates American “roots” music and its many outgrowths, and in doing so fosters joy, creativity, freedom, peace, collaboration, love of music, mutual respect, and spiritual community.
For the past 19 years, our free weekend of music has promoted tolerance amongst us and kindness to strangers. Bring extra patience and compassion with you and support the necessary efforts of our staff, volunteers, security and law enforcement.