Since this is a FREE EVENT (NO TICKETS NEEDED), we do
not have the manpower to answer all of your questions... here
is a list of the most frequently asked questions:
For info on volunteering, email
For general questions, email
Please help us keep the Park clean-- please pack out with you
what you bring in for the festival!
Here is a list of the most frequently asked questions:
- Q: When/where is it again?
- When: Fri, Oct 2rd, Sat Oct 3rd, and Sun Oct 4th, 2009
- Where: Speedway, Lindley & Marx meadows in Golden Gate Park, San Francisco, CA. Read below for a map.
- Q: Camping?
- Sorry, there is no camping allowed.
- Q: What is the schedule?
The full schedule is now available!
Click here for details
- Q: What are we allowed to bring?
- Coolers, blankets,
and short-back chairs are all allowed. Cameras are
ok (no tripods or instrusive equipment please).
There will also be vendors on-site selling food and non-alcoholic
beverages. No alcohol will be for sale in the park, however,
alcohol is allowed as per park rules. PLEASE respect
the park and pick up and take everything with you that
you bring in. There will be a sweep of the park by waste
management each evening (which means no saving spaces
for the following day).
- Q: Dogs?
- Dogs are allowed as per park rules (on leash, etc.)
- Q: Hotels in area?
- Please call the Chamber of Commerce,
use a travel site such as Orbitz or Yahoo Travel, or
contact the San Francisco Convention & Visitors Bureau
for assistance. Visitors can book rooms directly on
or request assistance from the Visitor Information Center
- 415-391-2000 (tollfree at 888-782-9673 (STAY-N-SF)).
- Q: Transportation?
This year the park service IS running their shuttle
service. Please click here for info!
for public transportation options. See the map below
for a visual on what streets will be closed.
- Q: Getting to the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Concert by Public Transit?
Receive help with planning your trip to HSB from anywhere in the Bay Area by dialing 511. Say for "public transportation," "transit agencies," then the name of the agency you'd like to use. The 511 system will then connect you to a live operator. You can also visit www.511.com for route and schedule information for any Bay Area transit agency.
The San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (Muni) has several routes that serve the Golden Gate Park area from BART stations. Visit www.sfmuni.com or call 415.673.MUNI (6864) for information.
- Q: Will bike parking be available?
- Yes. Bike parking is provided by
SFBC. Please see the map (below) for location of Bike Parking.
- Q: What time are we allowed in?
- 10AM entry to the meadows.
- Q: Restroom facilities?
- There will be port-a-potties on site.
- Q: Free Water
- Free water will be available at the drinking fountain
near the Rock Med tent (between Banjo and Arrow stages).
- Q: Medical Attention (Nearest Hospital)
- The nearest hospital is
Health Connection St Mary's Hospital & Medical Center at
450 Stanyan St, San Francisco, CA - (415) 750-5785
- Q: Recyling
- Recycling will be available.
- Q: Disabled accessibility?
- Yes, there will be a special section reserved at each stage.
Disabled persons can be dropped off at JFK and Transverse.
Disabled PARKING will also be available.
Here is this year's ADA map.
- Q: Merchandise?
- We will be selling T-shirts and CDs of most artists.
There are merch booths at the Banjo, Arrow, Star, Towers
of Gold, and Rooster Stages.
- Q: ATMs?
- ATMs will be provided and will be marked on the 2009 map when it is available.
- Q: Lost & Found
- Lost and found is located at either Info booth (see map)
- Q: Map?
- Click here for this year's map. Note the addition of the Towers of Gold stage (next to Star Stage).
- Q: Booking?
- We are all finished booking the festival for this year. Submissions for next year will be accepted after Jan. 1, 2010.
- Q: Press inquiries?
- We do not issue press passes. Photography is fine, but no
professional video shooting is allowed due to artist request.
- Q: How can we personally thank Mr. Hellman for this gift to the city?
- There will be a "HSB Scrapbook" at the center
information booth on JFK between Arrow and Rooster
Stages. Please come by and write your comments inside!